Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 178 - Narcissus


27 June 2011- These are some of my favourite flowers- I love the smell, and the suddeness of daffodils and narcissus (the smaller ones). So I moved to a place where bulb flowers such as these DO NOT grow. One of the reasons I love these is the suddeness and randomness with which they pop up in England, they are just every where, seemingly overnight. They do the same on the east coast in the US, although not to the same degree of everywhere. There was a path in the gardens at Smith that was daffodil central though. Anyway, they are a rare flower here, only to be found in the winter, and usually in bloom in the shop. I really enjoyed bringing home bunches of seemingly random green stalks and watching them bloom at home in England.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment